Sunday, March 10, 2013

Peter Pan

Marley and Cruz attended a production of Peter Pan at the Pantanges Theater in LA. I think I was more excited for the boys to attend the show more than anything. Before the performance, the boys were chatting about the story of Peter Pan and playing out being lost boys and pirates..... We walk into the theater and just as I hand the usher our tickets, Marley freezes! His eyes grew big and he just shook his head, NO! I try to coax him into walking down the aisle but no Luck. The more I tried the more he threw a tantrum. He heard the murmur of the theater and the sea of people the backs of their heads, it was all too much. Marley grabbed my hand and pulled me so hard that I almost fell in my heels. I tried to hold him and he squirmed and ran off outside of the theater, I literally broke a sweat! The anxiety I had, because we invited his friend and his mother, I felt so horrible that we were not all sitting in our seats. I managed to talk him into sitting in the lobby and watching the show on the monitors. I had to remind myself this is not about me,  it's about his experience. But I wanted him to enjoy it !!!! LOL Anyways, I told him that everyone is going to leave the theater and it wasn't going to be scary and that we can go in and sit with our friends. And then maybe we can leave.....So we quickly went in and Marley said "Ok, Lets go now". I don't remember what I said, but the next thing I knew he was curled in my lap watching Kathy Rigsby at 60yrs old flying in the air. Watching the awe in his little face. Priceless. All of that work, convincing him that he would have a great time, and he did. The 2nd half of the show a SUCCESS. 

Cruz, pirate (cast) &  Marley

Cruz & Marley with lost boy & tiger lilly (Cast)

No comments:

Post a Comment