Sunday, January 17, 2010

Cooking for Baby!!!


When I first started to introduce baby food to Marley he really had no interest in my homemade sweet potatoes....I was kind of sad that he preferred Earths Best store bought baby food. I just think at the time he liked the more watery consistency. But now Marley has teeth, he is enjoying a thicker and chunkier consistency of food. He is so interested on what is on my plate, it is becoming a sport ...to eat!!!! I allow him to eat steamed white rice and soft beans off my plate, but once digested it's not so cute. If you know what I mean. Anyways, I refuse to give up and I decided to give homemade food another try. We bought this beautiful book in William Sonoma called "Cooking for Baby" . I learned a lot of great puree recipes for babies and toddlers and we also bought a freezing tray, so that we can premake the food and freeze for future use. It's really a brilliant and economical way to make baby food. I bought a whole bunch of veggies(Cauliflower, pumpkin, sweet potatoes & asparagus) from the farmers market today and had a field day. Steam & Process......a little butter in the Cauliflower, easy easy and enough for this whole week. Just freeze, pop out a cube, heat and eat. I am so excited....I hope he likes it!

1 comment:

  1. cuuuute tray!!!!!! yay for making food. i've only tried sweet potatoes. cant wait to seeeee you!

    ReplyDelete