Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Best Treat!!!





                 This is my favorite picture of Marley, captured by Mahmondylla!



This past week we had the pleasure of having my in-laws....Marley's grandparents (The Bests'), lovingly known as Mahmondylla and Babu visit us in Los Angeles. Marley turned 7 weeks on Saturday and he has already had a tremendous growth spurt and a huge leap in his development.  He started to lock eyes and smile. He is mimicking sounds and having a full on conversations. He is discovering his hands, feet and tongue. He is just an amazing baby boy. And it was such a joy to watch him with his grandparents, he was so alert and seem to be doing something new everyday. All four of us would sometimes find ourselves just staring at him. Watching him smile in his sleep and sometimes he would  have a dream and just start chuckling....and I mean a very hearty belly laugh in his sleep. It is scary. :) What could he be dreaming about? 
Anyways, as a new parent, I am always grateful for the advice and help of experienced parents. I am appreciative of the extra hands, especially when it gave Ahmed and I a couple of evenings to sneak out for a couple of hours, or take a shower, or take a nap! And most importantly ......not to make this about me, but thank you for helping me. And thank you for all the love you showered our family with. We love you.
I forgot to mention this......before in-laws visited, my sister in-law came out to see Marley. It was such a sweet visit. Thank you Dunia. Marley digs his Auntie. :)


3 comments:

  1. Wow, he looks different from just the last post in the park. I love it! And that's my favorite picture of Marley too, so beautiful! Can't wait for the boys to meet. Love,
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Marley! I can't wait to meet you sweet boy!

    ReplyDelete