Thursday, March 19, 2009

Marley's Day in the Park

This past Tuesday, I decided to take Marley to the Barnsdale Park, which is a 10 minute walk from our house. The weather was perfect, the sky was clear and the sun was shining. This was actually Marley's first time feeling the sun directly against his skin and the cool breeze in his eyes. He was so cute, his eyes were blinking so fast he didn't know what was happening!! ;)
I have to say that  I think I am one of those "Mom's" I have been very cautious with Marley.....It is hard for me to leave the house with out bundling him up. I constantly have to remind myself that I live on the West Coast and winters are just cool. Nonetheless, I am still paranoid that some horrible air borne disease will make him sick. I know, I just need to relax!....I know. 
But really, would it be horrible if I wore a fashionable necklace that had a cute bottle of Anti-bacterial gel hanging from it or wore a shirt that said "wash your hands before you touch my baby or I will hurt you"? lol




5 comments:

  1. lol! i'm laughing because it was 83 degrees and Makai came over in a beanie, a long sleeved onsie and a hoodie on! i laugh now but watch i'll be the same exact way come june!!! you look so great. can't wait to see you. dude and you should totarry start that mommy fashion necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am right there with you. it's true, makai was totally over dressed when i visited coco, lol! i did it again today (no hat and this time a short sleeve under the hoodie), and when i saw makai's red cheeks and listless expression staring at me through the back car window as i was getting his stroller out from the trunk, i finally took the hoodie off and he was fine. i know, total east coast paranoia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was fun times. Barnsdall is the the best local resource, isn't it? Hope you're having fun with the Best grandparents!

    ReplyDelete