Monday, August 24, 2009

Great Grandpa & Marley

Last week I was so moved to watch my grandfather and my son meet for the second time this year and for the first time my Auntie Irene in Queens, NY. There was a moment I found myself watching admiration. I could not help but go through the list wonderful memories with my grandparents. They showed us so much love and affection. They always made me feel important, loved, and special. I really wish my grandmother Ruby was alive to meet Marley, she would have loved him so much. I met my grandmother for the first time when I was about 6 months as well. And as a grew into my adulthood she was one of my greatest female influences in my life. I miss her dearly and love her with all of my heart. I am just so blessed to still have my grandfather here with us. He was so thrilled. You should have seen the smile on his face and the pep in his calm demeanor! I cannot even explain it. I just know that he was so happy in his heart and tickled inside to see Marley. This is a moment I will hold dear in my heart. The little girl that used to sleep over Grandma and Grandpa's house. Where hey use to drag us everywhere from church, to the zoo, shopping, Coney Island, etc. Every Sunday was spent having family dinner. Every greeting began with the rhertorical question "Do you know how much Grandma and Grandpa loves you?They attended my high school and college graduation, Grandpa participated in my wedding, and now sharing my new family. I am so blessed and I thank God for that opportunity.



No comments:

Post a Comment