Sunday, August 30, 2009

Earths Best!


We have begun the first trial of baby food. I initially tried to make my own baby food, by steaming sweet potatoe and mashing it up. Unfortunatley the consistancy was a little too thick for Marley, even when I added water. So we decided to go to the next best thing and get organic baby food. We chose the brand Earth's. Best. The first vegetable we tried was winter squash. He loved it! Then we tried the organic sweet potatoe and he loved that even more. I have to admit I was a little taken a back that he didn't eat my version but, I will try again in the future. This week has been very challenging, because I have to introduce a green vegetable. We met with our pediatrician and she instructed me to feed him a green vegetable for 1 week exclusively. Ahmed tried on day one, and he was not having it. The next day I had to use some fun trickery to get the peas in his mouth. Such as making faces, doing the airplane, the best trick is to make him say Dada and that is the perfect movement for him to chew. And of course, pretending to eat the food worked as well, untill he had his fill!!! Then he was done and turned into the green monster. But he is getting better everyday and I let him play with his spoon after....which is his favorite part. I am so proud of Marley . He is healthy and a whoping 21lbs and 27inches. Yay!!!




2 comments: