Tuesday, August 18, 2009

So Much to Tell!!!



I know.......I have been pretty awful with the blogging, but I promise to be better. I don't know where the time goes. The baby and hubby are fast asleep so I am going to take this me time, even though I probably should follow suit. Oh well I will just regret it in the morning and let live! :)
So, about two weeks ago I set out for a job to NYC. It was my first performance job since I had the baby and it felt so good, to be working again. We rehearsed for 2 weeks and flew to JFK and stay in the Lower East Side @The Cooper Hotel for two whirlwind days! My little Marley accompanied me on the trip and he was so awesome. I love how easy he is .........how he just rolls with the punches. While I was working my brother and sister in law watched him and he enjoyed their company. I am so thankful for our family's. I love them. And thank you to our favourite family The Lanes! Thank you Francine & Girls for the long weekend! I could not have done this with out you!
Anyways, on this job. I performed with the artist Kanye West.
We did a one night concert for this watch company called G-Shock at Cipriani's in downtown. We had a great time, we rocked the show and got to wear Herve' Leger bathing suit! Along with black body paint and jabbawocki mask! Beautifly Scary!!!!
That's an exciting thing for a girl who loves fashion. But even more unbelievable to me.....having a baby 6months ago, would I ever think I would be wearing one! hahha



On this trip, I was not the only mama traveling with her infant! There was two of us, and it was awesome. I have to give it up to all the mama's, baby mama's, etc. Working and being a mommy is a tough thing, but it can be done with great support. There was a couple of bumps on this job. ...Unfortunately, there are business women who do not like women with children. I KNOW! Go figure. The men on the job were so accepting and supportive of us being new moms and we didn't even have our children on location. Some things I will never understand. However, I am back, recharged and proud that I rocked on!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment