Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Marley on Bongos


My little munchkin Marley loves hand drumming! For a nine month old he plays and dances with conviction and confidence, just like his daddy and mommy! For the past 5 weeks I have been performing in a show called the "Floor" in Hollywood. Its a fantastic cabaret show featuring vignettes of different styles of dance(salsa,burlesque,tango,swing,hip hop,tap and my section contemporary) to an amazing live Latin band. Before the show made its premiere I carried Marley along to my rehearsals. He was so overwhelmed by the movement and the percussive music; that it truly sent him in a trance. He would stare at the musicians, dancers and watch his mama move as well; which introduced him in this whole new world of communicating through rhythm and motion. When he hears a drum beats he cannot help himself by moving and this is something I truly believe he was born with. Without further ado............Master Marleeeeeeeeeey Best!

1 comment: