Sunday, April 29, 2012

The L.A Philharmonic & Afternoon Tea

Last weekend,I took Marley went to see his first symphony. My friend Reshma invited us to come to this particular performance she was performing with Hysteria Dance Co. The hour long show was geared toward young children and they really did an amazing job engaging the kids and teaching them about orchastras,musical terms and instruments. Walking into the Walt Disney Music Hall was really exciting for us. The architeture of the building is so stunning and and whimsical and the sounds of all of the strings warming up, especially the hum of the tympony was so cool. Marley was so excited. He couldn't wait to hear the instruments play together. He was yelling out all of the different instruments.......it was great! We even yelled "Bravo" as we both grinned from ear to ear looking towards each other bug eyed. The day was perfect. We topped the afternoon with a Tea Party, we were invited by our next door neighbor to meet at a nearby park. And I think it was one of the cutest sites I have ever seen. A blanket, tea cups, fruits, finger sandwiches...... They played, laugh and ran on the green as they flew kites! I mean Really?!?! I am living a fantasy through my 3 year old. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment