Monday, September 28, 2009

Happy Birthday to Meeeeee with frenzzz and Babeeeeez!





This year I really could not decide how I wanted to celebrate my birthday. I mean, it did fall on a Saturday and what a waste it would be if I did absolutely nothing for my Birthday?! So, Friday I decided that I wanted to get out of L.A and take a road trip to Vegas. Me and Ahmed ventured off with Marley, for his first road trip longer than an hour. The first two hours he slept! Thank Goodness and the other half of the trip I just pulled out all of my best non-sensicle mish moshed nursery rhymes and songs.....poor Ahmed. ;)
We arrived in Las Vegas late morning and had a yummy breakfast at the Egg & I. (I saw it on the Food Channel with Rachel Ray). Then we met up with Stephanie,Keith and Makai at the Fashion Mall to kill a couple of hours. They are relocating back to NYC and we are going to miss them. Even though we do not live in the same state, it was just nice to know we had Family on this coast. Anyways, we had fun and a lot of laughs. We didn't stay too long, because they had last minute packing and we had to check into the Marriott at three. Only 25 minutes away we arrived at the hotel and it was really nice. The bathroom was awesome! It had a jacuzzi and ........that was a Birthday present in itself! Ahhhhhhh I soaked for a good 30minutes and it was heaven. I could have stayed all nite, but I had plans to have dinner with Coralissa, Nainoa, and the Middleton's at one of my favorite sushi restaurants. They serve this special salmon roll with curry sauce and mango! YUMmmmmm I'm still dreaming about it. After dinner we went back to Lissa's ...had cake, watch all 3 babies play for the first time. My first Birthday as a MOM! I received my first "You're #1 Mom" card! It was so exciting. I will never get tired of getting those even if Ahmed buys it for him. LOL
I have to say the sweetest part was watching our boys play and interact with each other. For the longest time Me, Steph and Lissa have been trying to get into the same room with our son's and it finally happened! Although Steph is going to NYC, Lissa in Vegas and I'm in L.A. They have been my sisters. I really feel a kindred spirit and I am so happy we have been able to share many of the best times of our lives from work, weddings and babies together. We are going to have amazing "remember when" stories later on and many more chapters to share. Love you guys.
Thanks to my Hubby for whisking me away ......I love you.

2 comments:

  1. YAY! Awww Rocky I really wish ALL lived in the same city. I am so sad today, Steph left. Wish you were here!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw Raquella! I miss you and love you too! What a great weekend it was.

    ReplyDelete