Monday, April 26, 2010

Merry Go Rounds



Thank goodness there are some inexpensive ways to spend a great time with your child. Money doesn't by a precious moment. If you just open your eyes and hearts every second you look at your little one will be priceless. A couple of Sundays ago we went to visit the Griffith Park playground. This park has a lot of attrations including a gorgeous Merry-go-Round. It is so beautiful. It also has a snack shop right next door with prices I remember when I was a kid. I actually purchased a snow cone with cherry syryp for 1.00! That has to be my favorite treat in the world.


I have to be honest I havent seen an old school Merry-go-Round, equipped with the creepy organ music and a ticket ride priced at a low price of $2.50..........since I was a kid! And I am sorry that I am harping on the prices, but the economic times that we live in today.....NEVER lets me forget! ;) My grandparents used to take me and my brother to Coney Island's amusement park in NY. Wow....I forgot about that. I just got that warm fuzzy feeling. Those memories; something so simple, but so defined in my heart. Thinking back, they took two young children on trains and buses, from Queens to Brooklyn. It doesn't sound far, but beleive me .....now that I am a parent, I know that must have been an ordeal! All to show there grandchildren a great time. Seeing life through new eyes is probably more of a gift watching it happen. And although Marley may be too young to remember all of these special moments that I treasure, he will FEEL and Know he is loved. That's something money can't buy.

1 comment:

  1. YAY! Griffith park! I can't wait for the boys to play and quilt with each other

    ReplyDelete