Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Home Sweet Home

A couple of weeks ago I went back to New Jersey to attend a friends wedding. Luckily, I was able to see my mom, brother and sister inlaw, who are expecting! I am so excited to be an Auntie. We also spent a lovely time with my in-laws whom we haven't seen since last year. Marley met his Great Grandma -Nana Kenney and our new neice Asha for the first time. We even squeezed in a short vist with his Great Grandpa Cannonier, Auntie Irene & Uncle Riley. We were only back for a week and really had no time to do any major visiting, but me and my best friend Kim manage to get together for a family dinner. She is my oldest friend. I've know her since......I think the second grade, and no matter how long we are apart .....we continue are conversations as if it were yesterday. It's surreal to share the experience of motherhood with a childhood friend, but that's life moving on I suppose. I cannot believe it's been 10 years since I moved to California. But some things really make Jersey(East Coast) feel like home. It's true what they say "its where the heart is". I really am thankful and grateful for my family and friends.

1 comment:

  1. yay!!!! my NJ twinsie. so nice to be around family and friends.

    ReplyDelete