Thursday, May 13, 2010

The Vowel Song ~ inspired by Marley Best

My talented Mother in-law wrote a song for Marley called the "Vowel Song". On our last visit to New Jersey; Marley kept chanting the word that sounded like "UPpedee". He would say it over and over again as if he was making a statement. One by one he called us "uppidy", "UPpidee","uppiDuu"...etc. with different inflections. Marley was so confident in his newfound word, Ahmed jokingly turned to him and asked "What you call me?"
Only until we returned back to California, it then turned into DubaDEE, DubaUUU.......W! That's what he was trying to tell us! Simply "W". Today he ripped off one of his letters from the soft floor foam squares. He came running into the room towards me with a green letter and said "W". I gave him the biggest hug and I said "Yes baby, DubaUUUU!" and he laughed.
Thank you Mahmondylla and Babu. We love the song!

Marley & Raquel

How can I share this song on my blog? anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment