Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Summer @Hollywood Soccer Academy

This spring Marley started the under 5 soccer classes in Los Feliz. It was an amazing experience not only for him, but for me as well. To watch him grow from not knowing, getting frustrated, not scoring, or  understanding the purposes of all of the ball exercises; to having fun, participating the whole hour and  growing in confidence on the soccer field.  I don't think I could have taught him sportsmanship and Team work without just putting him in it. I feel this is a lesson that is never too early to learn. It was hard to watching his feelings get hurt, or when he fell, or when he just didn't understand that you have to keep chasing the ball!! And like that it clicked, he got it and I saw so much potential in his skills! Nothing was more rewarding than the day he scored a goal and ran with his hands in the air, "I scored, I scored, MOM did you see!!!" 
I am so happy that he has a love for football (soccer), a sport which has kind of been a family tradition. My dad played, my brother played, I played and the story continues. Until, next season. 




No comments:

Post a Comment